Join Team Alex – 2024 United Airlines NYC Half Marathon
Yes, we are doing it again! Team Alex is gearing up to run the 2024 United Airlines NYC Half on Sunday, March 17, 2024, on a 13.1 mile tour of New York City.
Get in shape while making a difference. Alexandra’s Playground is committed to bringing more children the opportunity for safe, active play. Children who regularly engage in active play grow up more physically, emotionally and cognitively healthy. We build playgrounds for deserving communities in the tri-state NY/NJ/CT area and beyond. We also support swimming instruction and play centered programming for children growing up in low-income households.
For questions please send an email with the subject line Team Alex 2024, to both Andrea@alexandrasplayground.org and Lori@alexandrasplayground.org
As an official New York Road Runners charity partner, Alexandra’s Playground has a limited number of secured entries for the race. We allocate those spots to team members who do not get entry via the NYRR lottery and who commit to fundraising a minimum of $2000. That fundraising commitment must be met by March 10, 2024.
We also welcome runners who already have their guaranteed entry and commit to a fundraising minimum of $1000.
All runners are responsible for their own entry fee into the 2024 United Airlines New York City Half Marathon.
RUNNING WITH TEAM ALEX
Team Alex has been running the NYC Half Marathon since 2009. The funds raised go towards giving The Gift of Play by building playgrounds and supporting play centered programs in underserved communities. To date, with a focus on the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area, we have built 37 playgrounds across the US and abroad.
BENEFITS OF JOINING TEAM ALEX:
- Join us for 1-2 group training runs in NYC or Westchester and meet other amazing runners
- Receive an official Team Alex 2024 long sleeve running shirt, and Team Alex gloves
- Raise funds online via our fundraising page where you can create your own personal page and keep track of your fundraising
- Receive fundraising tips and templates
- Tell your friends and family that you know how to make a difference while getting in shape
- Give safe and active play opportunities to children who wouldn’t otherwise have them
- Join us for a pre-race team photo
- Join us for a delicious post-race brunch
You and your friends may also support our work by mailing your donation to: Alexandra’s Playground, 34 North Brook Lane, Irvington, NY 10533
We promise you will have fun and get in shape while helping to give thousands of children a safe place to play!!
Hope to have you on Team Alex 2024!
NYRR SAFETY PROCEDURES
Race participants will be required to follow NYRR procedures. Refer to nyrr.org for up to date details and requirements, subject to change.